This version has many improvements, and, the most important part is that is Tryton compatible. This is indeed very good news for the Free Software community. Now everyone can use GNU Health, knowing that there is a free ( freedom) option in all the related software around it ( ERP, Database and Operating System).
|GNU Health 1.3.0 running on Tryton and in Debian/GNU Linux . Genetics screenshot|
This development release is ideal to check the latest features, and get and sneak preview of what is coming in December, when the next stable release (2.0) comes out.
Some of the new features in this release are :
- Full Tryton support
- New configuration script to automate the installation
- New Pediatrics module, including neonatology
- Improved security (user login information is encrypted thanks to Tryton)
- New reporting system, creating reports directly from Libre Office
- Improved ergonomics and navigation
- Automatic calculation for Smilkstein Family APGAR
- Automatic calculation for Psychiatric Symptoms Checklist
- Bug fixes and model improvements
Please go to the GNU Health homepage, download it and let us know ! Share your ideas, suggestions with the community in our mailing list so we keep improving the Free Health and Hospital Information System !
About GNU Health
GNU Health (formerly known as "Medical") is a free (GPL license), Health and Hospital Information System that provides the following functionality :
- Electronic Medical Record (EMR)
- Hospital Information System (HIS)
- Health Information System
GNU Health is part of GNU Solidario ( http://gnusolidario.org/en ) . GNU Solidario is a NGO that delivers education and health to emerging economies with free software.
Main site : http://medical.sf.net
Governments hosting GNU Health through their portals :
- European Commission (EU) , OSOR : http://medical.forge.osor.eu
- Brazil: Portal do Software Público Brasileiro (SPB) :http://www.softwarepublico.gov.br/dotlrn/clubs/medicalbr