The AZP was founded march 9, 1966 as a central hospital and was changed into the Academic Hospital Paramaribo in 1969 gaining its university status. The current staff consists of about 1700 co-workers. The AZP Hospital has a 470 bed capacity.
On a yearly basis 20.000 patients are hospitalized, while about 176.0000 out-patients visit the hospital.
We greatly appreciate AZP commitment to Medical and support to our organization, GNU Solidario. We are working with AZP to initially provide specific functionality in pediatric care and cardiology. This is a clear example on how large hospitals can collaborate to Free software, where the rest of the world will also benefit.
Medical is a free (GPL license), centralized Health and Hospital Information System for OpenERP that provides the following functionality :
- Electronic Medical Record (EMR)
- Hospital Information System (HIS)
- Health Information System
Medical is part of GNU Solidario ( http://gnusolidario.org/en ) . GNU Solidario is a NGO that delivers education and health solutions with free software.
Main site : http://medical.sf.net
Governments hosting Medical through their portals :
- European Commission (EU) , OSOR : http://medical.forge.osor.eu
- Brazil: Portal do Software Público Brasileiro (SPB) : http://www.softwarepublico.gov.br/dotlrn/clubs/medicalbr