Medical 1.0 RC1 Released
Medical 1.0 RC1 released !
The highlights are :
- Covers most important functionality of Preventive and Family Medicine
- Fully Integrated to OpenERP 6.0
- Health Center administration (human resources, financial , stock, billing, ... )
- Socioeconomics : Living conditions, sewers, drinking water, economic income, family members,electricity ...
- Lifestyle : Exercise, hours of work, diet, sleep hours, smoking....
- Sexual education and habits
- Social exclusion and drug abuse indicators : Working children, sexual abuse, prostitution, teenage pregnancy, school withdrawal, ...
- Includes commonly used illegal drugs, by the National Institute of Drug Abuse (NIDA) and their rating, addiction and tolerance, toxicity, etc...
- Laboratory Administration
- Prescription writing
- Patient appointment Administration (both ambulatory and inpatient)
- Inpatient (Hospitalization) Management
- Vademecum : Includes the World Health Organization (WHO) essential list of medicines.
- Genetic and Hereditary diseases. ( Over 4200 NCBI and Diseases genes )
- Includes International Classification of Diseases, version 10, as well as the ICD-10-PCS ( Procedure Coding System )
- Demographics, epidemiology and other statistical reports
The 1.0 release should be out in December, and in between we will have at least 2 more Release Canditates (RC2 and RC3).
The Release Candidate period is for :
- Test the system and fix critical bugs
- Fully document the current functionality and
- Complete the translation to the many languages that Medical supports.
- Add more demo data to ease the learning curve
Many thanks to all the Medical community that have contributed to the creation of the universal free Health Information System !
Medical is a free (GPL license), centralized Health and Hospital Information System for OpenERP that provides the following functionality :
- Electronic Medical Record (EMR)
- Hospital Information System (HIS)
- Health Information System
Medical is part of GNU Solidario ( http://gnusolidario.org/en ) . GNU Solidario is a NGO that delivers education and health solutions with free software.
Main site : http://medical.sf.net
Governments hosting Medical through their portals :
- European Commission (EU) , OSOR : http://medical.forge.osor.eu
- Brazil: Portal do Software Público Brasileiro (SPB) : http://www.softwarepublico.gov.br/dotlrn/clubs/medicalbr